Job Title: CDL Driver
Location: Kansas City, Midwest States
Base Pay: $18.00 per hour
Employment Type: Full Time
American Rail Marketing a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry throughout the Midwest, has immediate openings for CDL Class A drivers.
Performs duties as a CDL Truck Driver in the pickup and delivery of Company / Customer material from locations as directed by the Company. Responsible for accurate reporting (both written and verbal), adherence to DOT, Company operating and equipment maintenance policies.
• Proficient at driving various trucks 26,000 lbs. and over on a daily basis.
• Must be able to take direction from immediate supervisor and implement plans accordingly.
• Travel away from home for 22 days straight in some instances.
• Adherence to Company safety rules & regulations as well as DOT safety regulations.
• Ability to perform pre-trip inspections of the vehicle assigned to drive.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must possess a valid Class A CDL driver’s license.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years CDL drivers’ experience.
• Must be able to pass a post-offer drug testing program and will be subject to random drug testing.
• Ability to perform physical work and lifting up to 60 pounds periodically.
• Sit or stand for extended periods of time, bend at waist, twist upper body, walk, and/or otherwise move around uneven surfaces. Climb up on trucks to secure payloads.
• Dusty, dirty, and noisy; work outside subject to temperature extremes and adverse weather conditions.
• Physical hazards are present with equipment and machinery use and working in close proximity to railroad operations.
The following will be conducted;
• Social Security verification
• Criminal history verification
• Employment history verification
• Military history verification
• Alcohol or drug-related conviction verification
• Motor vehicle record for last 5 years to include all relevant violations
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, American Rail Marketing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, age, prior industrial injury, disability status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.