Job Title: Equipment Operator – Knuckle Boom and Wheel Loader
Division: Field Operations
Location: Kansas City, KS
Base Pay: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Location of Work: Continental United States
American Rail Marketing L.L.C. a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry, with operations throughout the United States, has an immediate opening for an Equipment Operator – Knuckle Boom and Wheel Loader.
Performs duties as an Equipment Operator in the retrieval and removal of railroad rail and other track material from designated off-track storage locations as directed by the Company. Responsible for accurate reporting (both written and verbal), adherence to company policies and equipment maintenance.
• Travel away from home varies from three weeks on, one week off to 24-28 days on and 7 days off.
• Proficiently operate a boom truck; a truck with hydraulic knuckle-boom crane attached.
• Proficiently operate hydraulic wheel loader
• Load/unload semi-trucks and railroad cars using knuckle boom.
• Load/unload semi-trucks and railroad cars using wheel loader.
• Segregate railroad materials using knuckle boom or wheel loader.
• Operate a cutting torch to prepare railroad materials such as railroad rail.
• Perform preventative & general maintenance to all equipment in consist.
• Often extra hours are required, weekend, weekday and holidays.
• Must be able to take direction from immediate supervisor and implement plans accordingly.
• Strict adherence to deadlines is critical.
• Adherence to Company safety rules & regulations as well as working knowledge of OSHA safety regulations; FRA safety regulations and technical developments effecting workplace safety.
• Accurate reporting of required data both verbal and written, some computer work is necessary requiring completion of Company forms submitted electronically each day.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must possess a valid Class A CDL driver’s license.
• Must have a minimum of 2 years CDL drivers’ experience.
• Minimum of 2-3 years previous experience in heavy equipment and boom truck operations.
• Must be able to pass a post-offer drug testing program and will be subject to random drug testing.
• Knowledge of operations; leadership, organization, good communication, good mathematical skills; and basic computer competency.
• Ability to: lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
• Sit or stand for extended periods of time, bend at waist, twist upper body, walk, and/or otherwise move around uneven surfaces and on railroad ballast. Climb up and down on equipment or trucks to secure payloads.
Total compensation package includes;
• 401(K) plan with company match
• Health / Dental Plan
• Prescription drug plan
• Life insurance
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• Communicate in a professional manner by phone and in person with all levels of internal personnel and business customer contacts.
• Internal contacts are by phone and in person with Operations personnel and various management level personnel. External contacts are by phone and in person with customers.
• Dusty, dirty, and noisy; work outside subject to temperature extremes and adverse weather conditions.
• Physical hazards are present due to the equipment and machinery use and working in close proximity to railroad operations.
Background Investigation The following will be conducted;
• Social Security verification
• Criminal history verification
• Employment history verification
• Military history verification
• Alcohol or drug-related conviction verification
• Motor vehicle record for last 5 years to include all relevant violations
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, American Rail Marketing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, age, prior industrial injury, disability status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
Apply here by downloading our PDF Job Application
American Rail Marketing, LLC • 21 N Skokie Highway • Suite 101 Lake Bluff, IL 60044-1777 • (847) 615-9821 • email@example.com