Job Title: Rail Crew Laborer
Location: Midwest States
Base Pay: Hourly, Based on Experience
Employment Type: Full Time
American Rail Marketing a leading provider of services to the Railroad industry throughout the Midwest, has immediate openings for rail crew laborer.
Rail Crew Laborers perform multiple job duties such as using a cutting torch at times, as well as hydraulic power tools. Laborers also work outdoors year round in all different elements including heat, cold, rain and snow. Advancement opportunities are available with hard work and determination.
• Must be able to take direction from immediate supervisor and implement plans accordingly.
• Travel away from home for 22 days straight in some instances.
• Adherence to Company safety rules & regulations as well as DOT safety regulations.
• Ability to learn and operate a cutting torch and different power / hydraulic tools.
• Perform manual labor, such as hand sorting loose railroad materials (tie plates, joint bars, anchors, etc.) weighing 3 pounds up to 60 pounds. Ability to perform this work proficiently at a fast pace
• Perform general maintenance and upkeep of equipment
• Ability to perform the physical demands of the job, to include prolonged standing, as well as lifting and moving heavy objects
• Ability to perform physical work and lifting up to 80 pounds periodically.
• Sit or stand for extended periods of time, bend at waist, twist upper body, walk, and/or otherwise move around uneven surfaces. Mount and dismount equipment freely and without assistance.
• Dusty, dirty, and noisy; work outside subject to temperature extremes and adverse weather conditions.
• Physical hazards are present with equipment and machinery use and working in close proximity to railroad operations.
The following will be conducted;
• Social Security verification
• Criminal history verification
• Employment history verification
• Military history verification
• Alcohol or drug-related conviction verification
PLEASE NOTE: The above statements are designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, American Rail Marketing does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, marital status, age, prior industrial injury, disability status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.